Great for high school students who are reading at a grade 2/4 level!
Students explore more than 100 career occupations: duties, educational requirements, pay, job opportunities, and job outlooks.
• Each lesson is self-explanatory, so students can progress independently.
• The content matter is grade level, age-appropriate, and standards aligned.
• This complete program fosters learning for students of all ability levels with skills practice, vocabulary games, and projects.
- Knowledge and Skills: employability, career development, communication, information technology, teamwork, legalities, problem solving, safety and health, technical skills
- Career Groups: Agricultural, Communications and Information, Industrial, Manufacturing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Human Services, Business and Marketing
- Job Search Basics: search, interview, résumé, portfolio
- Job Success: getting along with employers and coworkers, productive work habits, safety practices
- Individual Graduation Plan; Post-secondary Education Options
- Core Values and Personal Success: self-awareness, social awareness, self-control, self-management, and decision-making
- Independent Living: money management, personal life decisions
Student Book offers 190+ instructional and practice pages with real-life examples to build skills.
Practice Book offers 190+ practice pages to reinforce skills.
Teacher Resource Edition includes reproducible pretests, posttests, and unit tests (standard form and form B for cognitively challenged students), goals and objectives (IEPs), chapter activities and projects, and all answer keys.
Does your student have…
- A serious reading problem?
- Problems learning?
- A cognitive challenge?
- English as a second language?
- Mainstream classrooms
- Resource settings
- Self-contained settings
- ELL settings
- Statewide prep tutorials
- Alternative settings
- Residential or homebound
- Correctional programs