Great for high school students who are reading at a grade 2/4 level!
Career exploration and preparation is the foundation for postgraduate career success. Students learn real-life skills, such as completing a job application, creating a budget, reading a paycheck stub, and getting along with employers and coworkers.
- Each lesson is self-explanatory, so students can progress independently.
- The content matter is grade level, age-appropriate, and standards aligned.
- This complete program fosters learning and success for students of all ability levels with extensive skills practice, real-life connections, vocabulary enrichment, and projects.
- The Basics of Careers: hard and soft skills, values, workplace knowledge and skills
- Career Exploration: career fields, groups, and pathways; labor market
- Job Search Basics: job search, job application, interview skills, writing a résumé
- Job Success: keeping your job, productive work habits, workplace business documents, safety practices
- Successful Transition to Postsecondary Education and Career: Individual Graduation Plan, career portfolio, post-secondary education options, community services
- Keys for Personal Success: self-awareness, social awareness, self-control, and self-management
- Independent Living: personal finance skills, housing choices, management of personal life, citizenship and social engagement
- Long-term Planning for Success: Life road map
Student Book offers 190+ instructional and practice pages with real-life examples to build skills.
Practice Book offers 190+ practice pages to reinforce skills.
Teacher Resource Edition includes reproducible pretests, posttests, and unit tests (standard form and form B for cognitively challenged students), goals and objectives (IEPs), chapter activities and projects, and all answer keys.
Does your student have…
- A serious reading problem?
- Problems learning?
- A cognitive challenge?
- English as a second language?
- Mainstream classrooms
- Resource settings
- Self-contained settings
- ELL settings
- Statewide prep tutorials
- Alternative settings
- Residential or homebound
- Correctional programs